Wednesday, August 18, 2010

NEW PICTURES OF MARILYN MONROE


Marilyn Monroe has always fascinated me. She was an amazingly beautiful woman who died much too young back in 1963. They discovered some new pictures of her including one of this beauty in pig tails and I thought I would share them with you. Her last motion picture was with the legendary Clark Gable. It was a black and white movie called "The Misfits" Marilyn certainly fascinated a lot of people including Elton John who wrote about her in the song "Candle In The Wind". My favorite picture of hers was the absolute classic comedy "Some Like It Hot" that co-starred Jack Lemmon and Tony Curtis. That classic ending with comedian Joe E. Brown is bar none one of the best film endings in my memory. Today is also Robert Redford's 74th birthday. He was a student at Van Nuys High School with the late Dodger pitcher Don Drysdale. My favorite role of his was i "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid". I just watched that picture again after many years and enjoyed it all over again. As a songwriter, I really appreciated seeing just how perfectly the song "Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head" by Burt Bacharach and Hal David fit the picture. No wonder it won an Oscar for Best Song of that year! The theatre project goes on as we notify every actor that has ever sung for us in the studio. The Back Stage West ad has been placed so we shall see how many actors respond to the auditions on August 29th from 2-7pm at the theatre.

No comments: