Tuesday, November 03, 2009

A LOT OF STUFF HAS HAPPENED


Well much has happened since my last blog. I have now spent a week as a car salesman and I will tell you that all of the things that you have heard is mostly true, except that this dealership has class and dignity. They still play amazing games to get people to buy cars, but i must also tell that people play amazing games to somehow find the right price. Our dealership has seventy-two month contracts-- that alone will lower the monthly cost of any auto loan. This weekend we had what they call a slasher sale. Now of course, it's a big gimmick. They take all the selling prices off of the cars and play a "Was" and "IS" game. They put up a tent and drive a selected car under it. Then they gather a crowd -- music and hype over the microphone and the action begins. Now they urge the crowd to yell out the words "Slash It". And supposidly the louder the crowd yells, the lower the price goes. Oh brother! And i see customers who walk over $1500.00! Game players all! Good grief, fifteen hundred dollars divided by seventy-two payments equals to about $20 a month! Who the hell is going to keep a car for more than four and a half years with what the future will be offering in a little more than three? Will I stay there? Well it all depends on my Disneyland assignment that i go for today at 4pm. I have always dreamed of working at my very favorite place in the whole world. But of course the dealership pays $10.00 an hour plus commission and Disneyland pays $9.05 and there is no commission. I will also need to join the union. I went to some expense to becoming a car salesman. I had to pay training, a DMV special licence and be finger printed. About $250.00-- but as my John reminds me, you need to be happy at your work especially at my age. And from the dealership I come home exhausted. It's a real grind. There's also a gay themed retail store that has been trying to reach me called "The Crate and Barrel" in Pasadena-- so we shall see-- Ah life, when it rains, it pours. So off we go today to see what Dearest God has in store for me. I trust Him completely now. Jesus is the center of my life and that makes me the happiest of all. Well one day more passed and I went down to Disneyland for my interview and I finally found a part of the Magic Kingdom that doesn't have many smiles. It's the casting department. Now I fully realize that these guys don't do much more than shuffling forms and W2's and union papers (oh yes, I had to join a union to sell in a retail store-- for the very first time in my life) but come on guys, this is still the happiest place on Earth and you are welcoming the newest cast members for Walt's place. Smile! Make us new guys excited that we're working for $9.05 an hour. I hope to make a difference here. After all, I've always wanted to work at Disneyland. I never dreamed that I would get the chance. So I will continue to work at the dealership until November 13th. My first orientation is all day Saturday and Sunday at 7:30 am-- ouch! These guys have everything regulated. Even to what kind of shoes you can wear. They took my picture for my ID and now I'm officially part of the Mouse House and very proud to be so. After all, I got to meet him as a kid how many can say that? Well onward to a new day at the dealership.

3 comments:

oakleyses said...

louis vuitton outlet online, nike air max, michael kors outlet online, longchamp outlet online, kate spade handbags, jordan shoes, true religion outlet, michael kors outlet online, gucci handbags, nike air max, coach purses, coach outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, tory burch outlet, true religion, oakley sunglasses, oakley vault, kate spade outlet online, chanel handbags, tiffany jewelry, ray ban outlet, michael kors outlet online, coach outlet, ray ban sunglasses, christian louboutin shoes, prada outlet, longchamp handbags, louis vuitton handbags, prada handbags, nike free, longchamp outlet, tiffany and co jewelry, polo ralph lauren, louis vuitton outlet, christian louboutin outlet, michael kors outlet online, burberry outlet online, louis vuitton, burberry outlet online, coach outlet store online, red bottom shoes, nike shoes, cheap oakley sunglasses, christian louboutin, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton outlet, michael kors outlet store

oakleyses said...

wedding dresses, instyler ionic styler, mcm handbags, jimmy choo shoes, uggs outlet, uggs on sale, herve leger, canada goose outlet, babyliss pro, ugg, valentino shoes, canada goose outlet, nfl jerseys, soccer jerseys, ugg soldes, beats headphones, nike huarache, reebok shoes, mac cosmetics, p90x workout, vans outlet, marc jacobs outlet, canada goose, chi flat iron, mont blanc pens, insanity workout, lululemon outlet, nike trainers, celine handbags, ghd, birkin bag, asics shoes, longchamp, giuseppe zanotti, roshe run, rolex watches, ugg boots, north face jackets, canada goose outlet, abercrombie and fitch, new balance outlet, soccer shoes, north face outlet, ferragamo shoes, bottega veneta, hollister, ugg outlet

oakleyses said...

moncler, timberland shoes, hollister, louis vuitton canada, toms outlet, juicy couture outlet, louboutin, juicy couture outlet, thomas sabo uk, nike air max, converse, baseball bats, canada goose pas cher, ugg, canada goose, canada goose uk, moncler, supra shoes, ray ban, oakley, pandora jewelry, moncler, replica watches, links of london uk, hollister canada, hollister clothing, iphone 6 case, moncler, pandora charms, canada goose, parajumpers outlet, lancel, gucci, ralph lauren, swarovski uk, montre femme, pandora uk, air max, converse shoes, swarovski jewelry, karen millen, moncler, vans, uggs canada, moncler outlet, coach outlet, wedding dress, moncler