Wednesday, June 13, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROSEMARY, MY NEWEST GREAT NEPHEW AND A TRIP TO CATALINA

My newest great nephew Nathan.
Today is my sister Rosemary's 64th birthday and for the first time in my life I have sent her flowers. I'm sure she will shocked at their arrival. And it's not that I don't love her-- she has actually been there a lot for me. It's so funny that we don't see the blessings in our lives before we lose them. I wanted that to be rectified before it was two late. My newest great nephew is my sister Rosemary's first grand child and that is most probably the best birthday present of them all. And so on my sister's special day, I want to raise a glass and toast her and tell her just how much I love her! I also had a great time at Catalina on Sunday with another sister, Annette. It was simply a beautiful day and we went shopping, had a nice lunch and took a tour to see all the damage the recent fire had extolled on this most beautiful place. This crazy fire almost destroyed Avalon. It was a miracle because the wind was pushing the fire all along at a very fast pace. All of a sudden, almost at a moment's notice, the wind shifted to the opposite direction and Avalon was spared. Praise God! Another busy day at work is ahead as this is Father's day week. Had a nice dinner with Tim last night at Micelli's Italian restaraunt near Universal Studios and the doctor gave me a great bill of health at the exam I had just two hours before that! I am really starting to control my diabetes and my cholesterol is better than ever! Well that is good news! And oh yes-- Tim has retired from his accompanist job at Wilson High School!