Tuesday, February 06, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ZSA ZSA GABOR: A LEGEND IN HER OWN MIND



I never could figure out just what made Zsa Zsa Gabor tick. This lady has got to be the luckiest woman on the planet. She doesn't act (well, not well) She doesn't dance! And she certainly doesn't posses the class that her dear sister, the late Eva Gabor did. Today is her 91st birthday. She is the only Gabor sister to have borne a child -- by Conrad Hilton-- and that she claimed was rape. I thought I would share with you some of her many quotes over the years-- who knows, you just might get a laugh out of one or two of them:
"To be loved is a strength. To love is a weakness."
"A man in love is incomplete until he is married. Then he is finished."
"As a woman, you have to choose between your fanny or your face. I chose my face."
"I have never hated a man enough to give his diamonds back."
When asked how many husbands she'd had, Zsa Zsa replied: "You mean, other than my own?"
"To a smart girl men are no problem - they're the answer."
"Macho does not prove mucho."
"Husbands are like fires. They go out if unattended."
"I am a marvelous housekeeper. Every time I leave a man I keep his house."
"Getting divorced just because you don't love a man is almost as silly as getting married just because you do."
"Conrad Hilton was very generous to me in the divorce settlement. He gave me 5,000 Gideon Bibles."
"A girl must marry for love, and keep on marrying until she finds it."
"Never complain, never explain."
"I want a man who's kind and understanding. Is that too much to ask of a millionaire?"
"I always said marriage should be a fifty-fifty proposition. He should be at least fifty years old, and have at least fifty-million dollars."
"When in trouble, take a bath and wash your hair."
"Milton (Berle), you really think we have million dollar figures?" Milton replied, "Yes, and in the right places too!"

No comments: