Thursday, July 20, 2006


Well today is another historic day! For on this date in 1969 man landed on the moon for the very first time. I don't know about you, but I was glued to our family's television set in San Gabriel, California. It was an amazing transmission from the lunar surface even though it was in grainy black and white. I have always been a big supporter of the space program and this day was no exception. It was a warm summer day and we had had a July 4th ceremony just two weeks before the big landing. I remember watching Walter Cronkite getting very very excited-- as did a lot of us. My mom cried-- oh hell, so did I! I think today we take so much of this in stride. Nothing makes us swell up with patriotic pride anymore. Only the September 11th tragedy five years ago this upcoming September caused a nationwide great patriotic stir. Suddenly flag waving patriotisim became a huge item. I realize our country is not perfect. I am reminded of what Thomas Jefferson proclaimed back in 1800. "Democracy is most certainly not the perfect form of government, but all the others are so much worse!" And how true that is. So to those original astronauts: Neil armstrong, Buzz Aldrin and Ed Harris my salute to you for blazing the trail and keeping the fire of achievement alive in this country. I'd like to see us go back to the moon, myself. it's been far too long! Another hot day in Los Angeles and another day in retail, but my sales have been really up this week and that is very encouraging. I guess after so many days of the same kind of weather in a row, people get used to it and no longer resist buying things. I do notice that where I work people are very "me" oriented. They interupt. They're impatient and sometimes rude! Oh well, most people are still well and good ! Well until next time-- tonight when you see the moon --think about those trailblazers from 1969-- they made our country so much better!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»