Sunday, July 30, 2006




Today is the birthday of one of the greatest American inventors and industrial pioneers of all time-- and that man of course is none other than Henry Ford. He was born in Dearborn Michigan in 1893. His ultimate desire to create an affordable car and pay workers good wages was scoffed at by many.He simply was the greatest innovator of the 20th century! At the death of his son, Edsel in 1980, Henry Ford was compelled to once again take the reins of his company until his grandson was of sufficient age to head the company, himself. Without the invention of the "Model T" the progress of America would simply have been severely thwarted. And since I now drive a very efficient Ford Focus today, I am proud to mention that today is Henry Ford's birthday. There was a time I was not so supportive of Ford. Their "Pinto" was simply a disaster. My mom had a fatal accident in one, but I always have said "one product does not make, break or condemn a company" My cousin, Bill Camusi was the first attorney to win a million dollar law suit against Ford' then shoddy workmanship back in 1962. Today is also the birthday of songwriter Howard Dietz. Howard was a lyricist who first got into advertising back in 1920 for none other than MGM pictures. It was he who conceived of the world famous "Leo, The Lion" logo and its trademark "Ars Gratia Artis" or "Art for Arts Sake" But some of his songs are the world famous "That's Entertainment" from the musical "The Band Wagon" and "I'll Guess I'll Have to Change My Plans" written with the amazing Al Schwartz. It just shows you that you can pursue a promising lucrative career in business and still be involved successfully in the arts. He even wrote a couple of Broadway musicals-- one with the legendary Jerome Kern. Today also is "Governor Terminator's" 59th birthday. Yes dear old Arnold is approaching the "Golden Age" Of course, although many were surprised that he actually became the governor of California, there are those of us that knew from the mid- nineties on that this was a long held ambition. At one point, while the old boy was still an actor. Arnold was going to play the "Tooth Fairy" in a script that I was representing at the time called "Sweet Tooth". The writer was Mark Troy. I had given the script it's name and it came very close to being produced! The birthday party for my grand niece was very nice and I was very happy that I got to see my sister and her family again. I went with my sister Annette. But there had been a horrendous amount of traffic trying to get to my sister's house and I almost didn't get to go. Good old Cal Trans had struck again this time by closing two left lanes of the Golden State Freeway on a Saturday morning. OMG-- you have seldom see a mess like that-- it backed up traffic for thirty-five miles! Boo to you Cal trans! By the way, the weather at the park was cool and pleasant and although the food was only basic, a good time was held by all. My great niece is simply a most beautiful child! I am very proud! Well until next time! Much cooler Sunday here! Only seventy-eight degrees! Yeah!

No comments: