Friday, June 16, 2006


My day in court for my friend Jerry was a big waste of my time. If Justice is this laid back, I seriously worry about it for the average guy. The prosecution was not ready. The public defender that my friend was assigned was going between two courts and had even brought his young five year old kid to the proceedings. The jury had not even been selected yet. Good grief! So a work day was lost and nothing was accomplished except a continuance. The only thing official that I was required to do was to stand up and state and spell my name as a character witness. I got up very early so I could find the courthouse in Pasadena and ended up going the wrong way due to a stupid directive on the Map Quest map. But once I got in there we just sat and waited ninety minutes. Oh well, let's hope the resolution of this goes my friend's way! It is a most beautiful day in Southern California. It's very pleasant here. So that is very good news! I will take advantage of that. Well, there isn't too much else to report here. I did find it interesting that the Supreme Court has ruled that the police with a warrant in their hand can now break down a door without knocking. This ruling would not have happened if Sandra Day O' Connor was still on the court. I do realize we face a uphill battle sometimes fighting crime, but let us remember, dear friends, this is still America. Other countries of the world look to us to uphold certain standards of fairness and justice. The French hate Americans because of things like this. Let us be so careful before we do things and make official rulings that make us look bad to the rest of the world. Sloppy justice and over zealous justice simply gives us a black eye that we don't deserve. Our prejudices make the "Ugly American" syndrome very real. Prejudice is like tasting a banquet with your nose-- all you get is a dirty face!" Well until tomorrow, have a great day today!

No comments: