Saturday, June 17, 2006


I read with great interest that the magnificent Eartha Kitt is going to be recording a live performance album at the Cafe Carlyle where she is currently playing her 12th engagement. It will be released by DRG records recorded at a performance at the very intimate cafe in NYC. Eartha Kitt is simply an incredible performer who has been a legend for more years than she'd probably like to admit. The CD will be recorded live at the intimate cabaret, and "Eartha Kitt: Live at the Café Carlyle" is scheduled to hit stores in October. The recording will include the songs from Eartha's current cabaret act: "Sell Me," "An Englishman Needs Time," "Come On-A My House," "Hate/Love New York," "Ain't Misbehavin'," "Yuska Dara," "Waray, Waray," "La Vie En Rose," "Darling, Je Vous Aime," "What Is This Thing Called Love," "How Insensitive," "All My Life," "I've Got My Love To Keep Me Warm," "C'est Ci Bon," "September Song," "It Was a Very Good Year" and "Here's to Life." A world-renowned concert artist and actress, Eartha Kitt has appeared on Broadway in Bal Negre, Leonard Silliman's New Faces of 1952, Mrs. Patterson, Shinbone Alley, Jolly's Progress, Timbuktu!, The Wild Party and Nine. She received her first Tony nomination for her performance in Timbuktu! and her second for her work in The Wild Party. Kitt's screen credits are numerous, including the 1965 drama "I Spy," for which she was nominated for an Emmy Award. Her autobiography is entitled "I'm Still Here: Confessions of a Sex Kitten." I simply love Eartha Kitt. Of course I had always known about "Santa Baby" the quiescent Christmas classic, but it was life partner, John who really introduced me to how wonderful she was. Her number about the guy with "the champagnee appetite" and "beer belly pockets was simply the funniest thing ever. Good luck Eartha! I will certainly buy it when it comes out. Well today should be a very busy day at work. It's the day before Father's Day and everyone and their brother will probably be out buying their dad a last minute gift. For all of you who still have their fathers-- do something special for him. Treat him right! Don't forget that "he could be here without you, but you couldn't be here without him!" I miss my dad so much. I was just beginning to appreciate him when i lost him. So don't let any more years go by. Do something for him now, before it's too late and you can't. My mom used to say "Don't bring me flowers after I'm dead-- I can't smell them! Well that is true all of the people that we love-- but especially dads. Without my father's promise to my mother to raise us kids as Catholics, I would never have had the relationship with the lord as I do now. He sent all of us kids to Catholic school! And my dad was a piss poor housepainter. But more about my dad on the proper day tomorrow. Well, its off to work! Another day, another dollar! But the new job is getting better all the time!

No comments: